Monday, February 16, 2009

Rita Sutton

During last week's casting call, Renda and Tara had the opportunity to photograph Rita Sutton. She is currently battling breast cancer and wanted to document this time in her life.



The following is Rita's story:

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on September 5th, 2008, and the world as I knew it changed forever. I have always been a carefree, fun-loving girl who looked at the world with a glowing sense of optimism. When you receive such a blow, it takes some time to get your hands around the process. During such times, fear can easily replace hope. But with the help of a loving, supportive husband and daughter, great family and friends, the sun is shining again - especially on the inside.



I have learned to ask new questions. Specifically, how do I interject fun into every aspect of my already meaningful life? I only need to look a few feet in front or to the sides of me. This is where I can find those I love the most - my family. Our close, tight-knit unit has now been woven into one of my husband's famous apple pies. Life is sweet. -Rita Sutton



Thanks, Rita, for sharing your story with us. We hope it will inspire other women battling breast cancer to stay optimistic!

No comments: